Request a Quote
Should be Empty:
Type of Service:
Upload Plan:
Including Gross Floor Area (GFA)

Welcome to BCERT Consulting

BCERT Consulting Pty Ltd is a town planning and building certification consultancy operated by Graham Large and Lynette Prince-Large in Toowoomba. 

We are located at 3/445 Ruthven Street, Public Trustee Building (2nd floor).

Since its inception in early 2006, the company has provided quality assistance, advice and service to a number of clients, many of whom have remained loyal to the company because of the standards we set.  We also tender close association with numerous other consultants which facilitates a broader range of services to our clientele.

BCERT Consulting Pty Ltd were the building certifiers for the Brisbane West Wellcamp Airport which won the Master Builderís Project of the Year and was built by F.K. Gardner & Sons Pty Ltd.

When do I need to contact a town planner?

  • If you are buying a property for any purpose.
  • When purchasing a property to change the use e.g. it is currently used as a dwelling and you want to convert it to a medical practice.  
  • Carrying out building work, and you need to determine whether this is acceptable development under the relevant councilís planning scheme.
  • If you donít consult a town planner, the results can be costly.

When do I need to contact a building certifier?

  • If you are planning on building a new structure of any kind on your allotment contact a certifier to see you if you need certification.  We can look into this for you.  In essence, carrying out building work includes any building, renovation or repair, extensions, underpinning the foundations, re-moving or demolishing a building, and excavating or filling (relating to the construction of a building).  
  • If you are in doubt, please donít hesitate to contact our office and one of our friendly staff will work through the legislation with you. It should be noted that even though some building work is self-assessable, most our builders will still ask for us to certify the project, to ensure that they are compliant with the legislation; plus they appreciate our assistance with the process.
  • If the work requires certification, you MUST contact a certifier, lodge an application and have it certified before ANY work has commenced.
  • You may need to contact a certifier if you have received a Show Cause Notice or a letter from your local council (if this is the case you need to contact us at the first instance of receiving this letter).  Please do not delay, as this could mean that Council may issue a fine.

Click here for more information on getting a building certified